Low sugar/starch content (10%). Also identified as low glycemic or low NSC (nonstructural carbohydrates). Contains no whole grains or molasses
- Ideal for insulin resistant, Cushing’s and EPSM (Equine Polysaccharide Storage Myopathy) horses.
Low-calorie with elevated minerals and vitamins. Very nutrient dense
- With the low feeding rate provides negligible caloric intake.
- Ideal when there is a need to cut calories but not nutrition. Easy-keepers, ponies & miniature horses.
- Ideal for overweight horses that maintain body weight on forage alone.
- Provides the nutrients lacking in a forage alone diet.
Contains added lysine and methionine
- Provides an ideal balance of amino acids for enhanced muscle tone and joint health.
Contains organic copper, zinc, manganese and organic selenium
- Increases absorption and enhances trace mineral bioavailability to improve immune response and overall health.
Contains 6 added B‑vitamins (including biotin).
- Supports optimum metabolic efficiency.
- Promotes hoof and overall health and vitality.
Feed Equilibrium Equilizer as the sole ration to easy keeping horses to provide minerals and vitamins without adding excess calories or proteins. Feed according to the following table, whereby the lower quantity meets minimum vitamin and mineral requirements and the higher quantity meets Purina Superior Recommendations. Feed in conjunction with water and a minimum of 1% body weight (on a dry matter basis) of a long stemmed forage (hay/pasture). Provide salt free‑choice.
Daily amount of Equilibrium Equilizer
kg / 100 kg of Body Weight
- Equilibrium Equilizer may be fed as a top dress in conjunction with a Purina feed for growing, maintenance and performance horses that are not being fed the recommended amount of a Purina horse Feed. Provide 0.175 kg to 0.250 kg of Equilibrium Equilizer for every kilogram below the recommended amount of a complete Purina Horse Feed. Equilibrium Equilizer is also an ideal top dress for mares in early and mid‑gestation.
- Never feed more than the recommended amount without consultation from a Purina sales consultant.
- Provide a source of fresh, clean water at all times.
- Follow sound management practices along with disease and sanitation control measures. If there are any questions, contact your veterinarian, Purina dealer or Purina sales consultant.
Directions for use must be carefully followed.
Feed is perishable. Store in a dry, well‑ventilated area protected from rodents and insects. Do not feed moldy or insect‑infested feed to animals as it may cause illness, abortion or death.
To optimize the diet
- Purina recommends analyzing your hay and balancing the ration accordingly.
- Feed clean and dust free hay in sufficient amount daily. Feeding poor quality hay or feeding inadequate amounts could cause colic and other digestive upsets.
- Offer source of salt (NaCl) daily as well as plenty of fresh and clean water at all times.
- Make any feed change gradually over a 7 to 10 days period.
- Daily ration should be divided into 2 and preferably 3 separate feedings or more.
- Use a scale to weigh your feed so you know exactly how much your horse is being fed. Do not feed by volume.
- Purina recommends providing a maximum of 0.5% of body weight of this feed at one time.
- These recommendations are intended as a guide. They should be adjusted to variables of management, environment and individual needs. Consult your Purina Equine Consultant if necessary.
- Follow sound management practices along with optimal preventive veterinary medicine.
|Vitamin A||39000 I.U./kg|
|Vitamin D3||7200 I.U./kg|
|Vitamin E||1000 I.U./kg|
|Fibre||Soya Hulls, Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal, Beet Pulp|
|Vitamins||Choline Chloride, Vitamin A, Vitamin D3, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Riboflavin, Niacin, Thiamine, Vitamin B12, Biotin|
|Minerals||Salt (Sodium Chloride), Calcium Carbonate, Mono Dicalcium Phosphate, Calcium Iodate, Copper Sulphate, Ferrous Sulphate, Manganese Oxide, Zinc Oxide, Organic Selenium, Organic Copper, Organic Manganese, Organic Zinc, Defluorinated Phosphate, Cobalt Carbonate|
|Flavour/Binder||Flavoring, Pellet Binding Agent|
*Ingredients are not in order of their inclusion rate.