An Extruded Feed
- An optimal cooking process that gelatinizes starch for increased small intestine digestion. Helps minimize colic by preventing starch overload in the hindgut.
- Cooking process kills undesirable germs.
- Slows feed intake. Ideal for horses that bolt their feed.
- Heat denatures (deactivates) certain allergens. Ideal for horses susceptible to food-borne allergies.
Contains 10% vegetable oil
- Highly digestible and energy/calorie dense. Less feed required to maintain body condition.
- Helps regulate glycemic and insulin response.
- Delays gastric emptying which aids in ulcer prevention.
- Clean burning fuel, does not produce lactic acid and spares glycogen levels for enhanced athletic performance.
Contains flaxseed (an excellent source of Omega‑3) for an optimally balanced fatty acid profile of 5:1, Omega-6 to Omega‑3
- Improves hair coat and skin condition.
- Supports immune functions, anti-inflammatory properties and ulcer healing.
- Promotes membrane integrity and cell (including red blood cells) viability.
- Helps maintain proper cognitive ability.
Contains Horse Plus™, Purina’s exclusive blend of vitamins, consisting of a full complement of the 8 B‑vitamins (including biotin), vitamin C, E and K
- Essential blood‑building nutrients.
- Supports immune function and overall health.
- Essential for proper utilization of energy for exercise.
- Helps protect against exercise induced stress.
Contains elevated and added amino acids including Methionine
- Provides building blocks for improved muscle tone and joint health.
Contains chelated copper, zinc, manganese and selenium
- Increases absorption and enhances trace mineral bioavailability to improve immune response and overall health.
Contains Yeast Culture
- Improves hindgut fermentation which increases energy, protein and phosphorus utilization.
Contains an elevated level of Vitamin E (250 IU/kg.) and selenium (0.4 ppm)
- Important antioxydants.
- Helps supports immune functions and overall health.
- Selenium also plays a role in the control of thyroid hormones metabolism.
- Helps protect against exercise induced stress.
Equilibrium Sport XT is recommended for equine athletes, racehorses, breeding stallions, early gestating mares and yearlings. Feed in conjunction with water and a minimum of 1% body weight (on a dry matter basis) of a long stemmed forage (hay/pasture). Feed according to the following table, whereby the lower quantity meets minimum vitamin and mineral requirements and the higher quantity meets Purina Superior Recommendations. Ideally, feed enough to achieve desired body condition, and for every kilogram under the recommendation, provide 225 grams of Purina Equilizer (35710). Provide free‑choice salt. Daily ration should be divided into 2 and preferably 3 separate feedings daily.
Daily amount of Equilibrium Sport XT
kg / 100 kg of Body Weight
|13 to 18 months||1.07||1.25|
|19 months and +||0.92||1.25|
- Amounts can vary depending on the hay. Purina recommends that you have your hay analyzed and balance your ration accordingly. Also, depending on the hay, Optimal (35720) may be better suited as a supplement than Equilizer (35710).
- Do not provide more than 0.5% of Body Weight of this feed at one time.
- Provide a source of fresh, clean water at all times.
- Follow sound management practices along with disease and sanitation control measures. If there are any questions, contact your veterinarian, Purina dealer or Purina sales consultant.
Directions for use must be carefully followed.
Feed is perishable. Store in a dry, well‑ventilated area protected from rodents and insects. Do not feed moldy or insect‑infested feed to animals as it may cause illness, abortion or death.
To optimize the diet
- Purina recommends analyzing your hay and balancing the ration accordingly.
- Feed clean and dust free hay in sufficient amount daily. Feeding poor quality hay or feeding inadequate amounts could cause colic and other digestive upsets.
- Offer source of salt (NaCl) daily as well as plenty of fresh and clean water at all times.
- Make any feed change gradually over a 7 to 10 days period.
- Daily ration should be divided into 2 and preferably 3 separate feedings or more.
- Use a scale to weigh your feed so you know exactly how much your horse is being fed. Do not feed by volume.
- Purina recommends providing a maximum of 0.5% of body weight of this feed at one time.
- These recommendations are intended as a guide. They should be adjusted to variables of management, environment and individual needs. Consult your Purina Equine Consultant if necessary.
- Follow sound management practices along with optimal preventive veterinary medicine.
|Vitamin A||8000 I.U./kg|
|Vitamin D3||1500 I.U./kg|
|Vitamin E||250 I.U./kg|
|Protein/Amino Acids||DL-Methionine, Soya Bean Meal|
|Fat||Flaxseed, Soya Oil|
|Vitamins||Vitamin A, Vitamin D3, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Riboflavin, Niacin, Thiamine, Vitamin B12, Biotin, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin B6, Folic Acid, Ascorbic Acid|
|Minerals||Salt (Sodium Chloride), Calcium Carbonate, Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Copper Sulphate, Ferrous Sulphate, Manganese Oxide, Zinc Oxide, Organic Copper, Organic Manganese, Organic Zinc, Organic Selenium, Cobalt Carbonate|
|Multi- Attributes||Wheat shorts|
|Flavour/ Binder||Flavoring, Molasses|
*Ingredients are not in order of their inclusion rate.